ROANOKE VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB Meeting Minutes—PROGRAM February 24, 2017
| || |
|Next meeting:|| March 24, 8:00 PM:, ROANOKE VALLEY RED CROSS |
Meeting called to order by Anthony Brooks@ 8:01 PM Members stood for Pledge of Allegiance. Members stood for a moment of silence to remember silent keys and others with health and welfare issues. This is the second meeting of the month which is our Program meeting. Members introduced themselves by name and call sign.
· May 12th, 2017 time change for meetings. Meeting to begin at 7:00 pm instead of 8:00 pm.
· Field Day—We need to be sure Ray’s property is mowed. Fred will do 20 meters, Dave will do 40 meters.
- Check in to the Net on Wednesday he is Net Control this coming week.
- Test session at Bonsack Baptist last night. Wally recognized the VE’S that helped. Seven candidates passed. Wally talked about some of the members that passed and new call signs.
- Darrell Little donated radio. You need to buy tickets. Winning ticket to be drawn at the Club’s Social In March.
- Trustee is now Fletch
- Lid award—Ray Crampton Memorial Lid Award—We need to be sure Diane is here when it is presented
- Things missing--New Paddle for 990, Interface cable, Foot switch—Dave and Jerry to purchase at Dayton Hamfest
Dave—Talked about the repeater.
- Special Events Coordinator—Fred will coordinate some events such as Blue Ridge Bonanza, Star Event
50/50 total amount was 29.00. Winner is Jerry and he donated the money back to the club.
Program—DMR by Chris Bateson.