ROANOKE VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
BUSINESS MEETING FEBRUARY 10, 2017
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER BY ANTHONY BROOKS@8:01 PM
Members stood for Pledge of Allegiance. Members stood for a moment of silence to remember silent keys and others with health and welfare issues. Members introduced themselves by name and call sign.
· Blue Ridge Bonanza—are we going to have it published in QST?
· Darryl Little donated a hand held. Radio to be raffled at the club social in March. Club members will need to purchase raffle tickets over the next 4 meetings. Winning ticket to be drawn at the club social. This should promote interest in the club.
· Extra class starting March 25th to run for three weeks.
· Mary Ann Waddell, WC4A silent key. She was the first woman in the Roanoke area to hold an extra class license.
· Repeater should be up and running in the next few weeks.
· Wants to change the time of the net from 8:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Need better organization.
· Laurel test session before the Program Test session maybe once a quarter at the Red Cross before the meeting. Will talk at next Board Meeting about this subject.
· Hamfest—We no longer can use WBHS as a venue. Many members are working to try to secure a new place.
· Survey Results—The majority of the members want to change the meeting time from 8:00 pm to 7:00 pm. We will begin the time change in May.
· Lid Award—Ray Crampton, AB4YZ Memorial Lid Award. Jerry re-tooling the lid.
· Diane gave Fred a box of cards that Ray had. Generic QSL card is still good. Roanoke Printing 1000 cards is $210.00. · Field Day-Diane is Ok with us using the site this year. Fred will have a station there.
· Field Day coordinator. Ron wants to keep the airwaves active for 24 hours.
· Treasurer’s Report-Beginning balance—10035.72. Ending balance 10061.33
· Raleigh Hamfest fliers if anyone is interested.
· Still have a few club pins that are $10.00
· DMR-presentation by Brian Brindle and Chris Bateson.
50/50 ticket—464984—Total amount 22.00.
· Jerry had the winning ticket.
Meeting adjourned at 8:51 pm.
Nancy Wood, KG4ETP
FRoanoke Valley Amateur Radio Club Secretary