ROANOKE VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
FEBRUARY 10, 2017
NEXT BOARD MEETING—MARCH 10, 2017@6:30 PM
Anthony Brooks called the meeting to order @ 6:31 PM
· Board Members—do not having enough board members at times for meetings. He is removing Dave Narwid from the board. Jerry Haislip will replacing him.
· Lid Award—wants to rename—Ray Crampton, AB4YZ memorial Lid Award. Jerry to look for a new toilet lid. · Nominations for Ham of the Year for 2016.
· Repeater--He got in touch with Pat Lewis. Should be back up in the next few weeks. Signal may be intermittent. There is no contact to help us with the WDBJ building. Dave going to work on trying to find someone to help. The WDBJ site is our 440.
· Club Auction—Ron Ramsey to take care of room reservation.
· Hamfest—Talked about where we are with a venue. The Vinton Moose Lodge is a consideration. Nancy to check on First Baptist Church. Anthony to get a contact for VWCC. We need to make a decision soon due to date availability and the possible rental of tables.
· Survey Results—Survey done to see if the club should change the meeting time not the date. The majority of club members want to change the start time from 8:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Time change to start in May.
Ron Ramsey: · Paperwork complete for transfer of W4CA Trustee. David Fletcher is the new trustee.
· Baofung radio donated by Darrell Little. Radio to be raffled. Winning ticket to be drawn at the club social in March. The way this works: tickets can be purchased for $1.00 each at the next four meetings.
· Extra classes: Beginning March 25, 2017 for three weeks. The first class will begin at 8:30 am and end at around 2:00 pm. The other two classes will begin at 9:00 am and end around 2:00 pm.
· He will be the chair for Field Day. Fred already talked with Diane about the continued use of their land. She has no problem with us continuing at that site.
· Mary Ann Waddell-WC4A passed away. She was the first woman in the valley to obtain an extra class license.
Meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm.
Nancy Wood, KG4ETP
Roanoke Valley Amateur Radio Club Secretary