ROANOKE VALLEY AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
BUSINESS MEETING MARCH 10, 2017
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER BY ANTHONY BROOKS@8:00 PM
Members stood for Pledge of Allegiance. Members stood for a moment of silence to remember silent keys and others with health and welfare issues. Members introduced themselves by name and call sign.
· Treasurer’s Report—February 2017—Income 330.00—Expenses 2,053.61—Balance as of February 28th—8337.72—We need to set budget for year at next meeting.
· 2m/440 radio to be given away at next meeting. Please buy tickets.
· 50/50 tickets—please purchase.
· Hamfest—Tickets—Fred talked about pricing. Motion passed to spend money. Quicksilver will not be joining us. Gold Medal Ideas are coming. Nancy explained the pricing structure for this year. Discussion about the two donated DMR’S. Decided to use one for 2nd prize. Other radio to be raffled off. Winning ticket to be pulled at Hamfest.
· Club Social—club providing paper products. Please bring favorite food and drinks.
· Repeater—Summary of what FD said in board meeting. We will be on the Roanoke County site.
· Club Auction—Saturday, April 22nd. Friday April 21st, Ron needs help to set up tables. Michael’s mom providing food. His mother will need help setting up Friday and Saturday.
· Classes—April 8, 15, 22nd. Extra Classes. Technician classes will be in the fall.
· There will be a SET including the Red Cross and remote locations on Thursday. He is looking for volunteers. Start time is 10:00. Please let him know via email.
· Talked about School Club Round Up. WBMS placed third.
· Virginia QSO Party is next weekend. We will be at Douthat State Park operating. Be sure to pay parking fee when entering park.
· Field Day--Sending out information to get participants, and other help. Radio equipment has been located.
50/50 ticket—465042—Total amount 17.00
· Michael had the winning ticket and donated money back to club.
Meeting adjourned at 8:57 pm.
Nancy Wood, KG4ETP
Roanoke Valley Amateur Radio Club Secretary