Members in attendance were treated to a photo show of the 2013 Explore Raleigh Court Christmas Parade.
Introductions around the room, and traffic recorded.
Ron AB4A - Oct 4 – RACES SET 9AM-3PM see W4GHF on internet for details
Dave N4JED – this weekend Arkansas QSO party, ARRL VHF QSO party.
Doug K4WVS donated vintage club patches for auctioning with the 50/50.
Doug KR4XE – treasurers report, no anomalies noted
JT W4TFA – foxhunt Sunday Oct 19 2PM
Ray KK4HR – SEC annual report needs signed off by officers by Oct 31,$100 donated back to the club from a radio won at the hamfest raffle
1) Short Summary of rules & conventions as they apply to the election:
· A voice vote will be taken to elect officers, members must be present to vote
· Nominations can be made up until the time to vote
· Nominees must be present at the election to accept nomination
· Qualified Nominees without competition do not have to be voted
· Officers will take office January 2015, and serve for one calendar year.
· There have been nominations made to the board to cover some officer positions, president is still open at this time.
2) Event calendar
a) Sept 26 – club meeting, elections, Table Top SET by Ron AB4A in prep for Oct 4 SET.
b) Oct 4 - Explore Park/Blue Ridge Parkway special event
c) Oct 4 – RACES SET 9AM-3PM
d) Oct 10th – VE test session @ 6:30 before club meeting, during board meeting. Program – Tinker Talk
e) Oct 20-24 – school club roundup
f) Oct 24 - club meeting
g) Nov 14 –club meeting
h) Nov 22 – Raleigh Court Christmas Parade on Grandin Road 10-12
Ron AB4A – traffic handling for SET and filling out Radiograms
Dave N4JED - LOTW